Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Is this Iowa? Nope, its heaven!

haha this is from the movie "Field of Dreams" and its pretty sweet because my work here in Iowais to make it "heavenly."
but Hey everybody! Que tal? Iowais flat as can be. Its pretty weird without mountains around but I'm getting by okay. I know there is a lot you want to hear but I dont have much time so I will be as specific as possible. My new companion and trainer is Elder Arellano, a native Spanish speaker from San Miguel,California (up by Pasa Robles and San Luis Obispo). He is great and we are working hard together. Our area is the Perry, IA area, just about 40 miles West Northwest of Des Moines. We serve in the Perry Branch which is pretty small haha its crazy because we cover a lot of area, mostly corn and soybean fields and there are few active members here, I would say we had about 40 or 50 at sacrament on Sunday. The weather is great for November. We had a baptism on Saturday of a family of four haha all the other Elders were giving me a hard time and joking that I already had 4 baptisms without doing any work haha it was my companions first baptisms and he has been out for 18 months. but I gave the talk on the Holy Ghost at the baptism and the Spirit was very strong there. Yesterday, we had a general authority come visit our mission: Elder Don R. Clarke from the Seventy. We met with half the mission in Des Moines and he trained us on how to be better all-round missionaries and it was awesome!!! I learned so much and have a better vision for the work I have to do. I love you all and promise to send a better email next week and lots of pictures but I need to run! The gospel needs to be taken to the four corners of the Earth and everyone needs to have the opportunity to hear it! Love you all and Happy Thanksgiving! Im grateful for all of you in my life and pray for each of you every day. Read the words of God every day and thank Him for all the good things in your life, then ask him to help you with all the bad things in your life. He listens and will help you when you ask Him to. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is true, I promise! Love you all!
--
Elder Seth McGinn
IowaDes Moines Mission
8515 Douglas AveSte.19
Urbandale, IA 50322

No comments:

Post a Comment