Monday, August 5, 2013

Gratitude!

Hey!
I didn't know mom & dad were going to Lake Powellthis year!!! That is super exciting and I do look forward to those trips when I return home. They're the best! Also, I got the package and loved everything in it! So many snacks that I don't even know where to start and the letters were the sweetest part. I love my parents and I'm so grateful for them! Special thanks to the Carter Family for hand delivering that package to the mission office haha Sister Simmons (our office receptionist) said they were so sweet and she loved talking to them for a little. Oh, and mom, thanks for reminding that I am coming up on my year mark...like you're keeping track or something! haha
Well we have had an amazing week here in the Des Moines 5th Branch. First off, we had 120 people come to sacrament meeting yesterday (the most ever) and it was a wonderful testimony meeting! As different members of the congregation bore their testimony(or their belief and conviction) of Jesus Christ and His restored gospel, the Spirit was very strong and you could really feel the love of our Father in Heaven. Rosario and her 3 kids came along with Jose and his kids! It was great to see them come and enjoy being with their families and learning about Jesus Christ and how families can be together forever through the Priesthood and by the atoning sacrifice of our Savior. We are being blessed with people who listen and ACT on the message of the Restoration of the Gospel. They love to learn that God is our loving Heavenly Father and that He has called a prophet to guide His children today as He has in the past with prophets like Moses and Abraham. They love learning that Heavenly Father has provided us with another testament (witness/evidence) that His Son is the Savior of the world. That testament is el Libro de Mormon (the Book of Mormon) and they dive into because they ACT on their faith in Jesus Christ. They test the promise that by living the teachings of the prophets in the Book of Mormon, they will bring themselves closer to God that by any other way. I know that is true! Jesus Christ is the light of the world and as we keep His commandments we receive that light and happiness! I have seen in the very eyes of the people I teach. They are truly happy and full of hope. I hope we can all be a little less stubborn and more humble so that we can give place to the message of the Restoration of the gospel in our hearts. As we experiment or simply try out this glorious message, we will feel our hearts swell within us as we are filled with the light and joy of Jesus Christ, who is the loving Son of God. These things I know and try to share with everyone because I know it will help us. I love you all and I am grateful for the miracles I see everyday! I invite everyone reading this to think of the things in your life that make you happy or give you peace. Be grateful for these things and Heavenly Father will bless you with more :) Love you!
Elder McGinn
pic: A few of my favorite missionaries in the zone!


--
Elder Seth McGinn
IowaDes Moines Mission
8515 Douglas Ave. Ste. 19
Urbandale, IA 50322

No comments:

Post a Comment