Monday, December 17, 2012

Bells will be Ringing!!!

Hey everyone!!!!
I am so grateful for the cards and packages and presents that I receive!!! They lighten my day and give me a renewed determination to go out and work! I dont have much time, but a few things about this week. First, if you would like to send me a package ;) please send it through the USPS to the address at the end of the email so it can be forward to my apartment! If its FedEx or UPS or DHL, it cant be forwarded and I will have to wait for someone else to deliver it. Thank you and Love you all!! The subject line in the email is from that good ole Christmas song that starts out with that line and talks about Christmas and singing the blues or something haha we dont get to hear a lot of the classic radio Christmas music, but when I heard this the other day in a gas station it reminded me of tracting and door bells ringing haha there will be missionaries all around the world ringing doorbells, or knocking, or clapping or doing anything they can to spread the message of Jesus Christ and the RESTORATION of His gospel and church! Truly, 'bells will be ringing' haha year-round!!! This week, as we were driving around to our different appointments all over the western half of Iowa, we were listening to a conversion story of a man named Bill Carpenter, who was studying to be a Catholic Priest until he learned more about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints! It was such an amazing story told by himself and I invite all of you to look it up on YouTube or wherever and listen to it "Bill Carpenter Conversion story", I think its like an hour long, but its worth your time!




This week, the highlight was meeting with Alexis (refugee from Africa) and his wife! We gave them copies of the Book of Mormon in French and Swahili. As we talked about how this book will strengthen their young family and themselves, individually, the Spirit was strong and Alexis told us he wanted to read the whole book as soon as he possibly could! We shared the great promise of the Book of Mormon, found at the very end of the book, that whosoever reads it, ponders its words, and then asks God, through prayer, with faith, if the Book of Mormon is a true book, they will receive an answer by and through the Holy Ghost, or Spirit of God. I know for myself that the Book of Mormon is true, because I did exactly this. I knew it in my mind and I felt it in my heart as the Spirit witnessed its truthfulness to me. Everything in our church either stands or falls with the Book of Mormon. If its false, Joseph Smith is a fraud and this church is nothing but that. If it is true, Joseph Smith was a prophet of God and he truly did, under Christ's direction, establish the same Church Christ established when he was on the Earth, and we have living prophets and apostles to guide us through todays challenges and turmoil! I am a witness that it is true and their are millions more who support that divine truth. I love you all and wish you a very Merry Christmas!
Love Elder Seth McGinn
--
Elder Seth McGinn
8515 Douglas Ave. Ste. 19
Urbandale, IA 50322
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment