Friday, October 5, 2012

Week 3 in the MTC

Qué pasa calabaza! (Whats up pumpkin)
First off, thanks to all of you who sent me cards and packages for my birthday! They were awesome and
I felt very loved, even though I have way too much food! I dont even know what to do with it. So two of the elders in my district left yesterday for Guatemala where they will spend 6 more weeks in the Missionary Training Center down there. That leaves us with only 8 people in our district: 4 Hermanas (Sisters) and 4 Elders, which is kind of unheard of b/c they are the only sisters in our whole zone (4 other districts). So we have been crusin' right along. My Spanish is coming so well! It really is amazing how the Lord blesses you when you are diligent and obedient. Something that has always been in my head is the quote "Obedience brings blessings. Exact obedience brings miracles." Thousands of missionaries have to learn to not only communicate, but teach people in their native tongue. They receive formal education in that language for only about 2 months, yet
many can go out to their respective countries after that time and teach people about the life and atonement of Jesus Christ and the Restoration of His Church to the Earth. That is a miracle. I need miracles and its so comforting to know that if I am exactly obedient, I can confidently ask my Heavenly Father, with true faith, and He will give unto me what I seek if it be for the building up of his Kingdom on this Earth!
We only have 30 minutes to write and that flies by so I'm sorry for the short one this week, but I want all of you to watch General Conference this weekend to hear from our Prophet on the Earth today! It will be on the BYUtv channel and I promise that you will grow closer to God from it.
Love you all!
--
Elder Seth McGinn
MTC Mailbox #216
IA-DMOIN 1114
2005 N 900 E
Provo, UT 84604

No comments:

Post a Comment