Monday, May 13, 2013

Families are Forever

Hey everybody!
Things are going great here in Des Moines :) It was absolutely wonderful to Skype the family last night and talk/see everybody. I love you and miss you all! The peace & joy of knowing that we will be a family, together FOREVER, gives me the motivation and enthusiasm to keep working hard each day so that others can learn this same truth for themselves and their families!
I love my mother and she has taught (and is still teaching) me the most important lesson we can learn: how to love others unselfishly and unconditionally. Her example of love is seen to everyone around her and it has especially helped me love and serve the other missionaries and people in Iowa. If Christ taught anything, He taught that the first and great commandment is to LOVE one another. This principle is taught primarily in families and that is why they are so important! Thank you Mom :)
I love my dad too! He has taught me the second most important lesson we can learn: how to show our love through our ACTIONS. He works, and serves, and labors so hard all because he loves. He has taught me that even though I was reluctant to go out and "work" haha He showed me that love leads to action and diligence. I understood this most when he told me just before I left on my mission by saying "Teach the way you play soccer...with a love for the game." This has helped me so much! When you love something, you invest your heart into it and he has shown me how to put my heart into the gospel of Jesus Christ!
I love my parents and also my brothers and sisters! Thats plural because my brother (in-law) Tom and my sister (in-law) Lindsay are just as much my brother and sister as are Ian and Layne. I love them so much!!!
Ian told me to talk more about what I do in my emails and the truth is that this is what I do! I am helping people create relationships of love and trust with their families, good friends, and most importantly, their Savior and Redeemer, Jesus Christ. He lives and loves us. We should strive to acquire His attributes of love, patience, loyalty, and diligence. This will bring us so much joy because in the end, the greatest product we will ever creat in this life is ourselves! Our families help us cultivate ourselves and we help them. Ultimately, we are to live together forever in happiness :) I love you all and invite each of you to be grateful for your families and to find ways to love and serve them!
Love Elder Seth McGinn
Elder Seth McGinn
IowaDes Moines Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment